Back to Opportunities
Location: San Antonio, TX
Position Type: Apartment Community (Service Maintenance)
POSITION OF MAKE-READY
REPORTS TO: MAINTENACE SUPERVISOR
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of MAKE-READY. While the following information should be considered a comprehensive description of this position, it should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties may not be specifically addressed.
Every person is expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling Falkin Platnick Realty Group, Inc. objectives.
It is imperative that you review these duties, skills and physical requirements closely and that you understand that by signing the Job Description Acknowledgement, you are verifying that you can perform all the duties, have the skills and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described.
JOB BRIEF: In coordination with the property manager and maintenance supervisor.
The MAKE-READY employee's primary responsibility is to ensure that all vacated apartments are thoroughly restored to "market ready" status in a timely manner and according to the property manager's timetable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspects vacated apartments and completes checklists in regard to make-ready. Informs maintenance supervisor and property manager of needed service repairs.
• Routinely perform the following duties in order to restore apartment to "market ready: status:
• Checks all lights and replaces as necessary.
• Replaces or repairs windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, and closets.
• Checks applicable appliances and informs maintenance supervisor of problems.
• Assists in changing or removing appliances from apartment.
• Makes keys when necessary.
• Checks faucets sink plugs and repairs/replaces as necessary. Replaces washers when needed. Performs exterior repairs to sinks, bathtubs, etc., when warranted.
• Assists with painting duties when requested. Transfers paint from storage areas to apartment units when painting is scheduled.
• Repairs or replaces curtains, mini -blinds, ceiling fans, etc.
• Repairs plaster holes in walls, paints as necessary.
• Inspects bathroom tiles, performs minor repairs/replacements.
• Changes A/C filters
• Operates carpet cleaning equipment to clean carpets.
• Lends assistance during trash-out of apartment; e.g., moving heavy/bulky items to dumpster.
• Replaces vacancy lock (if applicable) on day lock is changed for new resident for move-in.
• Also changes out P .0. box lock when requested (if applicable)
• Makes new keys when requested.
• Assists in keeping grounds clean at all times.
• Assists maintenance when requested.
• Delivers notices to all apartment.
• Reports supply needs to prope1iy manager and/or maintenance supervisor.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by property manager or maintenance supervisor.
Must meet all physical requirements and be able to take direction.
Equipment Requirement: Required to wear back support belt and gloves as tasks dictate.
Wear appropriate shoes (no flat bottom sneakers)
Work Hours: 40 hours per week. Weekly schedule may change as required. May be necessary to work weekends.
Equipment: An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of cleaning fluids and tools, including mop, broom, vacuum cleaner, carpet cleaning equipment, buffer, step ladder, full ladder, hand tools, key-cutting machine, hand truck, and wheelbarrow.
• Constant need (66% to 1 00% of the time) to be on feet.
• Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities.
Push or Pull
Reach Above Shoulder
Perform routine cleaning; pick up debris.
Routine cleaning duties require access to 2nd and 3rd floor apartments.
Move light furniture, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
Perform routine cleaning duties.
Perform routine cleaning duties.
Handle cleaning tools and equipment.
Handle cleaning tools and equipment
• Lifting/carrying (supplies, paint, carpet cleaning equipment, etc.):
50- 75 lbs.
Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
• Inventory maintenance, requisition, requests, required maintenance reports.
• Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to notice difference between clean and unclean.
• Observe areas needing attention.
• Frequent need (33% to 60% of the time) to see things clearly beyond arm's reach. Observe and assist maintenance; observe problems throughout community.
• Not essential. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to receive instructions from residential management. Written instructions should be acceptable.
• Not essential. Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to ask questions, request supplies. Written instructions should be acceptable.
• Indoors (66% to 100% of the time). Occasionally outdoors (1% to 33% of the time).
• Occasional exposure (1% to 33% of the time) to cleaning solvents, adhesives, paint fumes, etc.
• Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time) to work in awkward and confining positions.
• Moderate. Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one to two step instructions. Deal with standardized situations with occasional or no deviations from procedures.